Monday, May 14, 2012


I have officially completed my first few days as a MLCF intern!!  I wish I could say that I wasn't the slightest bit nervous, but that isn't true.  I wasn't completely sure what to expect but despite those nerves I was even more excited to have this opportunity to serve my community.
     
I have to say that everything has been going rather well.  I have had the opportunity to meet the other interns and women that I would be working with.  Since the Marvin Lewis Community Fund Golf Classic is right around the corner, I spent my time in the office helping to prepare for this event.  The Golf Classic is our biggest fundraiser in which all proceeds go to directly to the outreach programs which focus mainly on education.

I never would have imagined how much planning and preparation goes into this planning this fundraiser, and I quickly saw there was a lot to be done.  I helped to count and sort different prizes, make gift baskets, and create a map for where the different booths would be set up along the golf course.  I also helped in putting together the golf bags and prizes that were given to all the golfers participating in the event.  After many days of hard work we had pretty much everything together.  So the next task was loading it all into cars and Pods so it could be transported from our office downtown to Shaker Run Golf Course.  Needless to say I have been very busy, but I don't mind it at all and I am getting more and more excited about the Golf Classic. 

On another note, my experience as a MLCF intern so far has been better than I ever could have expected and I am looking forward to what this summer has in store for me.  I have began to get to know my co-workers, and I can't wait to continue to do so we work together to serve the community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment