Friday, June 15, 2012


Events, more events, and more events! Last night was the re-opening of Dave and Busters.  They had just redone the whole place so they had an invite only party to celebrate.  This was a third party event for the Marvin Lewis Community fund in which we raised money by selling tickets for split the pot and different raffle baskets.  A lot of people from around the city attended the event; there was over 800 people there!  My job for the night was to sell split the pot tickets, which actually made me a little nervous.  I am not the type of person who typically goes up to people I don’t know and starts a conversation.  But I was forced to reach outside of my comfort zone.  After approaching a few people, I began to get the hang of things and the rest of the night went well.  No, I was not able to convince everyone I talked to into buying a split the pot ticket, but I did end up selling pretty many.  This experience was great for me and I was able to learn a lot from it.  When I become a nurse, I will not be selling split the pot tickets to my patients, but I will have to know how to approach them in the correct manner.  Although this internship is not in a hospital or doctors office, I am still able to learn valuable lessons and grow in my communication skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment